"My skin is kind of sort of brownish pinkish yellowish white.
My eyes are greyish blueish green, but I'm told they look orange in the night.
My hair is reddish blondish brown, but it's silver when it's wet,
And all the colors I am inside have not been invented yet."
-Shel Silverstein

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Wooden Nickle Magnets


I made these cute little magnets last week. I saw them somewhere, but I honestly do not remember where. Here is how I did it.

I took a bag of these wooden nickles from Hobby Lobby:



I cut some circles from coordinating scrapbook paper (I made 2 sets of 3 magnets) on my (okay, really my mom's) cricut. I think I cut them 1 1/4 in.

Apply ModPodge. I used the Matte finish, but there are several options.

Et voila! Let them dry and glue a superstrong button magnet on the back with E6000- ready to go!



I couldn't figure out why my pictures looked overexposed, but my camera settings were changed. Oops!


I think a set of the green ones would be very cute with the letters S P R I N G mod podged onto them! I also think it'd be a cute way to use kid's artwork!

No comments:

Post a Comment