"My skin is kind of sort of brownish pinkish yellowish white.
My eyes are greyish blueish green, but I'm told they look orange in the night.
My hair is reddish blondish brown, but it's silver when it's wet,
And all the colors I am inside have not been invented yet."
-Shel Silverstein

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A "crafter" AND a "fixer"! :)

A couple weeks ago a little hook fell off of the side of my desk. My son promptly wanted to call Papaw so they (he loves to help) could fix it. I told him that I could fix it and we didn't need to call Papaw. He responded (ever so seriously) "Mommy, you're a crafter- not a fixer! Papaw is a fixer!"

However, my parents are vacationing in Hawaii (lucky them) so I actually had no choice last night but to fix my toilet! It has been slowly leaking and refilling for a while but it did it so rarely I wasn't very worried about it. That is until the night before last when it started doing it every minute or so. It was driving me crazy (it's the bathroom in my bedroom) so I shut off the water supply to it and when I got a chance yesterday I replaced the flapper. Yup. It took about 2 seconds. I was pretty proud of myself. Especially since I think I'm certainly a fixer now :) I was going to take pictures, but I mean, who really wants to look at a toilet?!

1 comment: