"My skin is kind of sort of brownish pinkish yellowish white.
My eyes are greyish blueish green, but I'm told they look orange in the night.
My hair is reddish blondish brown, but it's silver when it's wet,
And all the colors I am inside have not been invented yet."
-Shel Silverstein

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

St Patty's Day

At St Patty's day I let my son decorate a box that we then "place in the moonlight so the leprechauns will hide their treasure in it" (That's how it works after all!). In my mind it's a shiny blingy box but he chose otherwise, so here is his box: (my aunt helped with 2 sides when he got bored)







Now tonight while he's sleeping, the leprechauns will come and leave their treasure in his treasure box. They also leave little green footprints where ever they walk, and unfortunately they drag toys out and don't put them up!!! (no pics of the mess yet incase he wakes up through the night UPDATE-- Pictures are below)




Here is the treasure: (milk chocolate gold coins and a new t-shirt for his school party)







Just a little something fun that he will always remember!

UPDATE: Here are the messy pictures.










Happy St Patty's day everyone!
Linking up to:






DIY Day @ ASPTL

1 comment:

  1. Very cute ideas! But I'm not sure my kids would notice if a room was messy when they woke up since it was probably messy when they went to sleep, too.

    ReplyDelete