"My skin is kind of sort of brownish pinkish yellowish white.
My eyes are greyish blueish green, but I'm told they look orange in the night.
My hair is reddish blondish brown, but it's silver when it's wet,
And all the colors I am inside have not been invented yet."
-Shel Silverstein

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I'm Back!


Well, I haven't been doing much crafting because 1) I'm pretty much completely broke and 2) I have been working more- refer to 1. But today I was back on the wagon! :) I made a bag for my cousin for her wedding day. I'm going to fill it with things she may need in case of emergency (first aid kit, sewing kit, deodorant, lotion, an apple- they say to eat one on your wedding day to combat bad breath, and anything else I can think of!)
Here are the bag supplies:



I measured the bag, added .5 in for seam allowences and made the lining from the material. Then for a little extra I added ribbon on the handles and around the top. I think I'll add something else too, but I'm not sure what. Maybe HT for my "Hott Tousin" :)





I think it ended up pretty cute! Especially for what it cost me- only 57 cents for the bag on sale at Hobby Lobby, 2.50 for the material that I still have plenty of, and I think a dollar for the ribbon, which I also have plenty of left over! Not too shabby!

I made some other things today too, so I'll try and post them tomorrow!

I'm linking up to:

DIY Day @ ASPTL


No comments:

Post a Comment