"My skin is kind of sort of brownish pinkish yellowish white.
My eyes are greyish blueish green, but I'm told they look orange in the night.
My hair is reddish blondish brown, but it's silver when it's wet,
And all the colors I am inside have not been invented yet."
-Shel Silverstein

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Birthday Present

I've been trying to think of something good I could make my son for his birthday present (in addition to his party and his actual birthday- going out to dinner and such). I finally came up with something- a puppet theatre that can hang in a door way. He and his mamaw are going to make puppets tomorrow so he'll have some ready on Saturday when he gets his present. I fully intended to make a tutorial, but I got about 1/2 way through and gave up. If anyone wants what I have, I'll post it. It was just taking way too long and I was trying to rush (like usual... do we see a pattern here?)
Anyway, here it is:

I think he's really going to enjoy it. Especially when his cousins are visiting!

I've been up to way more today, but some things I didn't finish, and another thing I can't post because it's a birthday gift for one of my *loyal* followers :) (Hi, Aunt Tracy!)

Hopefully tomorrow I'll have my finished baseball pinata and maybe even some sneak peek at birthday decorations!

post signature


Linked to some or all of the parties here.

4 comments:

  1. Such a fun idea. Thanks for linking up with WHat are little boys made of?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun gift idea!! Thanks for linking @Creative Itch's "Sew Cute Tuesday"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one clever mom! That is such an innovative and fun project. You're encouraging your son's artistic side and this will also build his self confidence. I wonder if he'll charge for these puppet shows? lol How cute!!! (and brilliant!) Pam @ Sallygoodin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there - I like your blog! I'm going to make one of these for my son for either birthday or Christmas. I've been wanting to for a while! Thanks! http://beinglds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete