"My skin is kind of sort of brownish pinkish yellowish white.
My eyes are greyish blueish green, but I'm told they look orange in the night.
My hair is reddish blondish brown, but it's silver when it's wet,
And all the colors I am inside have not been invented yet."
-Shel Silverstein

Monday, June 21, 2010

90 Days of Kindness


Laura at "Along for the Ride" is having a 90 day of kindness challenge. I was very inspired by her post, and I'm going to take the challenge. It says to choose one area to focus on, but realistically I could certainly focus on a lot more than one. I am going to do this a little more broad, I think.

~I have a tendency to speak and react before I think, and I'm going to really try to take a step back and relax before reacting (or overreacting).

~I'm also going to try to be less critical of everyone and everything (I'm HORRIBLE at that).

~I am going to have more patience with my son, because I tend to get very frustrated easily (did I mention he's 4 and ALL boy?)

~I am going to be kinder to everyone in my life: strangers, friends and especially family. After all, I believe I probably treat them the worst (sorry, mom) :(

I think it's a great reminder, though, to focus on what is truly important. Usually, if you can do something for 90 days it will become second nature. I'm going to make myself a sign to keep a constant reminder of my challenge.

I encourage anyone else to take the challenge and let Laura know! I'd love to hear about it too!

"If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing." I Corinthians 13

From Laura's blog:

"Without love, I am nothing. Without love, I give nothing. Without love, I gain nothing.

Maybe kindness is pretty radical after all.

Kindness is radical living.

It is going the distance with people
giving hope to someone who is difficult
having manners
not bringing up others wrongs
not keeping score
promoting others
putting others first
being patient when it's really really hard
forgiving others when it's even harder

Kindness is
patient
happy with what it has
humble
slow to anger

Kindness delights in truth

Kindness always trusts
hopes
survives"

Awesome. I'm in. I'm also completely accountable since everyone in my family will read this...

post signature

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful Amanda!! I am so glad that you're taking the challenge with me. So many of the things you talk about I struggle with too! Keep me posted!!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete