"My skin is kind of sort of brownish pinkish yellowish white.
My eyes are greyish blueish green, but I'm told they look orange in the night.
My hair is reddish blondish brown, but it's silver when it's wet,
And all the colors I am inside have not been invented yet."
-Shel Silverstein

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

An Award!



I've been missing because we were living it up camping! Woo hoo. But it really didn't feel like camping, since I worked and we visited my grandmother in the hospital (she had back surgery).

At any rate, while I was out and about, I received a beautiful award from Kimbo (A Girl and a Glue Gun). She is awesome. She also probably thinks I don't care about this award since it's been several days! (Sorry- I do care!!!)


You should look and see what she did with a clear shower curtain! It's great! Check it out here


But my all time personal favorite is the Levi Apron!!! I love it! You can find it here. I made one pretty much the minute I saw it!


So the rules are that I need to share 7 things about me, and then pass the award on to 15 others. Well, here goes.

1. I just got a *full time* (with benefits) job at work, and that's pretty much a promotion! (so I'm pretty excited!)
2. My brother lives way out in (not so) sunny NORTHERN California (NOT San Francisco- I mean NORTH. Like almost Oregon north) and I miss him and wish he'd come back this direction.
3. I have the best parents in the world. Sorry if you thought yours were. :)
4. I just got an HTC Evo and it rocks my socks!
5. I love watching Medium, but I just started in the last year, so I have a DVR FULL of Medium episodes from all the reruns. Literally- it is full. 100%. It records about 2 or 3 a night and I dont' have nearly enough time to watch 2 or 3 a day!
6. I hate winter. I mean really. I. HATE. WINTER. Cold is not my friend. I freeze.
7. I am a little OCD about scents- like candles or air fresheners. They need to be season appropriate... For example, you can't burn/plug in Apple Cinnamon or Pine in summer. It's not okay.

All right- that was pretty hard to think of 7 random things. And besides, I'm sure no one wants to read 7 things about me anyway! :)

So, I'm passing this award on to:
1. Anna at Noodlehead- She has some amazing sewing tutorials and I love her header- drawn by her children
2. Susan at Living with Punks- She has such cute stuff! I love her pillow cover to messenger bag. I love anything that turns into a bag, I think!
3. Sam at Mom.Undecided- She's having tons of giveaways now to celebrate her birthday so check it out!
4. Katie at Paisley and Polkadots- The cutest little quilt and accessories on here!
5. Michelle at Dilly Dally and Flitter- The first blog post I read of hers, I swear I almost cried I laughed so hard. Then I called my aunt to read it to her and crack up again. :) She's great!
6. Tracey at I'm Just Your Average Mom- She's going through some tough times right now, but staying postitive and focused.
7. Larissa at Just Another Day in Paradise- She has a super cool felt bracelet tutorial.
8. Rhonda at Life As I See It- Beautiful photography!!!
9. Lisa at Moore Minutes= Love the camping party. I have thought about that for my son's 10th party... Yes, I actually think about things 6 years away...
10. Melissa at My Craftie Life- Lots of great ideas!
11. Alison at Oopsey Daisey- there is a delicious looking dessert on there! Woah... Watch out!
12. Elizabeth at Twelve Crafts Till Christmas- What a great idea to make a craft a month for christmas gifts! I love this blog!
13. Maria at You Craft Me Up- She has a super cool PVC pipe bow and arrow my son would seriously get in trouble with.
14. Rachelle at Fingerprints on the Fridge- She's probably had this award 100 times. She's seriously just that awesome.
15. Laura at Along For the Ride- She has a great 90 day kindness challenge (that I'm completely stinking at).

Well, folks, there it is. It took me FOREVER to finish this post! Thanks again, Kimbo, for the award!

post signature

Linked to some/all of these great linky parties

7 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this award! You made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you so much! <3 What a fun surprise to see. Also, your list of random things was fun to read...especially about the scents...I agree with you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amanda! Thank you thank you for the mention! You have made my day! and I am smiling that you had a good laugh!
    I look forward to seeing some good stuff from you on your blog!
    see you online...
    xo
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so honored I can't even tell you. Thank you so much for this award! I love your blog and your play room and craft room are looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh man thanks for the award! Sorry I didn't notice sooner - we've been on vacation!!!

    ReplyDelete