"My skin is kind of sort of brownish pinkish yellowish white.
My eyes are greyish blueish green, but I'm told they look orange in the night.
My hair is reddish blondish brown, but it's silver when it's wet,
And all the colors I am inside have not been invented yet."
-Shel Silverstein

Monday, December 27, 2010

Memory Quilts

My grandma passed away a year ago this December, so I talked to my aunt about using her sweat shirts to make her children memory quilts. She helped me get them ready and cut into squares and I made 5 quilts for Christmas presents. I am very proud of them, since they are the first real quilts I have ever made (I have done rag time ones, but these are my first that had to actually line up) I even hand sewed the binding on the back of the quilts, so that was another first. Here they are:







I made tags for the back of each quilt:
I used flannel sheets my aunt gave me for the backing of the quilts, so that made it a lot more cost effective
I think they turned out well and everyone seemed to really appreciate them.

post signature

Linked to some/all of these great linky parties

2 comments:

  1. Great idea and a nice way to remember her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a neat idea! I'm sure your family will cherish those quilts forever!

    ReplyDelete