"My skin is kind of sort of brownish pinkish yellowish white.
My eyes are greyish blueish green, but I'm told they look orange in the night.
My hair is reddish blondish brown, but it's silver when it's wet,
And all the colors I am inside have not been invented yet."
-Shel Silverstein

Friday, May 21, 2010

Catching up

Since I'm on vacation and not doing any new crafts, I thought I would catch up on some things I did within the last few months.

My son is very interested in what I'm doing, no matter what I'm doing. Of course, he's almost 4 and he wants to use the sewing machine, but I don't think that's the greatest thing. He has sewn a few things (just straight lines). I went looking for lacing cards at Hobby Lobby but they were very girly, so I made him some myself. I just took cardstock and cut out shapes and put holes along the sides with a hole punch. Then I gave him some yarn threaded on the large blue needles and let him go to town. Here is his finished "purse" for his mamaw- complete with a drawing of a rocket, of course!


I also made some "doggie bag holders" for my friends with dogs. I saw a tutorial somewhere, and I honestly do not remember where, but here are my finished bags- I think they turned out so cute. They velcro onto the dog leash and hold plastic bags in case your dog does it's duties somewhere besides home! :)


Back to enjoying vacation- zoo and beach today!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment