"My skin is kind of sort of brownish pinkish yellowish white.
My eyes are greyish blueish green, but I'm told they look orange in the night.
My hair is reddish blondish brown, but it's silver when it's wet,
And all the colors I am inside have not been invented yet."
-Shel Silverstein

Friday, July 16, 2010

Another Playroom Addition

Here is a cute way to display your child's art work- I have seen this several different places, but here is how I did it (quick and easy!)

I had these pieces of wood that my dad gave me (cause they are good for a crafter!)
So I put them on my trusty (and borrowed) mat thingy that is great for painting on and sprayed them orange and green to coordinate with the room:
While that was drying, I found some paper that would go with the room colors and I cut it into strips that would cover clothes pins.
Here is the pile:
Then I just glued the paper on the clothes pins with Elmer's glue. I'm sure I could have modpodged them, but it seemed unnecessary, so I just stuck with regular ol' white glue.
Then I brought the painted sticks in and I measured every 6 inches. I put arrows up and down since I wanted to alternate the clothes pins up and down and the arrows kept me from having to remember which I was doing.
I just hot glued the clothes pins to the strips of wood and took them downstairs to hang.
Here they are in their new home.


So the play room is coming together nicely! It is colorful and fun and very spacious!
My space on the other hand, still needs a lot of work. :( Could it be much more boring?
I'm thinking it needs some excitemtent, much like this:

Or maybe this:
Or this?
At any rate, it needs something, and I'm thinking along the lines of a tree silhouette... We'll see I guess!

post signature



1 comment:

  1. love the art display. I love the first flowers. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete