"My skin is kind of sort of brownish pinkish yellowish white.
My eyes are greyish blueish green, but I'm told they look orange in the night.
My hair is reddish blondish brown, but it's silver when it's wet,
And all the colors I am inside have not been invented yet."
-Shel Silverstein

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Catching up

Well, I've been reading blogs and doing crafts for several months, so I am going to post some pictures of things I've made.

First off, I was tired of an old combination dry erase/cork board that had seen much better days, so I decided to make my own *prettier* versions! I got 2 cheap 10x13 frames from Walmart and I went to town. I had some fabric that I fell in love with and decided to add it to my computer/play room. I just used the fabric pulled tightly over a piece of cardboard (from SpecialK cereal) and hotglued, then I put it behind the glass- ready to go as a dry erase board! Then I used the old cork and cut it to fit in the frame to get my *new* corkboard!

See here:




Here is a picture of the curtain I made to match (not exactly thrilled with it, since I didn't have enough fabric to have it slightly gathered like I wanted, but hey- I'm on a budget!)



I also got super carried away and modpodged my mouse pad! I hadn't quite mastered the art of modpodge yet, though, so it ended up a little warped! EEK! Still better than it was!



I guess that's all I'll post for now. I am in the process of making a super cute gift for a little girl in my son's preschool class, so I'll have that up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment