"My skin is kind of sort of brownish pinkish yellowish white.
My eyes are greyish blueish green, but I'm told they look orange in the night.
My hair is reddish blondish brown, but it's silver when it's wet,
And all the colors I am inside have not been invented yet."
-Shel Silverstein

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Cabinet/Shelving Makeover

Blogger is allowing me to upload photos today (isn't that nice?) so here are the shelves my aunt and uncle gave me: (I didn't have any before pics with the shelves, because they were too heavy to move that way, and I didn't put them in just for before pics... sorry)
Some spots were a little rusty, so I just used a wire brush on those areas:
Then I took the hose and a bucket of soapy water to them. Washed 'em all down and left 'em in the sun to dry:
A couple coats of spray paint and some mod-podged fabric in the back and voila:
Perfect storage for toys and who knows what else!
Looks like they're working and the shelves are adjustable so that's great! There are actually 3 more shelves that could go in, but I thought these were enough for now. I'm sure they'll be loaded to capacity in no time!

post signature

Linked to some or all of the wonderful parties here

No comments:

Post a Comment