"My skin is kind of sort of brownish pinkish yellowish white.
My eyes are greyish blueish green, but I'm told they look orange in the night.
My hair is reddish blondish brown, but it's silver when it's wet,
And all the colors I am inside have not been invented yet."
-Shel Silverstein

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Happy Birthday


Today is my grandma's birthday. She passed away in December and it was a hard day without her. Which is true for a lot of days. I want to be sure my son remembers her. She loved him so much. I know because she would count the minutes since I had brought him to see her. :) "Now, Amanda- I haven't seen him in 2 days!" I love her so much, and I miss her dearly. I called her about 10 times a day most days and it's been a hard adjustment not having her here.

We had dinner tonight and my aunt, uncle and mom came over. We planted 2 trees (Nana Trees) in my flower bed that we'll eventually transplant. My son drew her a picture and we sent it to heaven on balloons (Nana's favorite color- at least according to him).


It was a sad day, but I'm glad we were together and I'm glad that I have memories of my grandma.

I love you Grandma. Happy Birthday.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment